Saturday, December 6, 2008

Comodo: Free Firewall

One of the things you can do to keep your PC secure is to use a software firewall. You could download a free firewall with a built in antivirus software from Comodo. What it does is allow you to prevent unauthorized network traffic from going in and out of your PC. Personally this is how I use Comodo, I like to leave it at Proactive mode. What it does is popup a prompt whenever a program or service tries to run on my PC. So if ever I visit a malicious website and it tries to slip in a trojan, a message would pop telling me that the website is trying to write a program to a particular directory in my hard disk. This enables me to inspect and research whether the software it is trying to write is legal or not before I allow or block it.

0 comments: