Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adobe CS5 Collection Inconsistency in Installer Database

There are some issues you may encounter when you are installing Adobe CS5 Collection. The installer will run and accept the serial number. But it will abruptly end saying - Inconsistency in Installer Database.

What happened here is that the file were Adobe keeps the list of programs got corrupted.

To fix the problem go to:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Then look for the caps directory.

Delete this directory and reinstall Adobe.

5 comments:

Cedric said...

For Win 7, use "Run as Administrator" to run the setup. Worked like a charm, especially when the Cleanup Tool didn't.

Aoife said...

Adobe CS5 Collection Inconsistency in Installer Database

Can you explain this more. This exact thing is happening to me. I have a macbook pro and cant seem to figure this out. very frustrating. I'm going from CS3 to CS5.
Thanks!

freya said...

Adobe CS5 Collection Inconsistency in Installer Database

Can you explain how to fix this problem for a Mac. I have a macbook pro and this is driving me crazy.

Thank you.

Aufroze Shaik said...

thanks bro i permenetly deleted the file caps and my cs5 came into my control hats off to u and ur research in cs5 errors

deepak kumar said...

Thanks bro it worked fine u saved my day !!